To request access to UNLV Analytics you must be an active UNLV employee, have completed the online FERPA Tutorial and know your ACE Account credentials. These credentials are the same username and password that one uses to log into other secured campus applications.
Frequently Asked Questions:
I have not completed the FERPA Tutorial.
Please check FERPA Tutorial Section.
I do not know/forgot/need to change my ACE Account username and password.
Effective April 30, 2012, users need to log into UNLV Analytics with their ACE Account. This is the same account one uses to log into UNLVMail and i-Leave.
If you need to request an ACE Account or have your password reset, please contact the IT Help Desk at 702-895-0777. If you know your password and are on campus, you may change your password by visiting OIT's ACE Account site and clicking the 'Change Your ACE password' link. (This link is not accessible from off campus.)
Once you have completed the online FERPA Tutorial and know your ACE Account credentials, you may follow the steps outlined below:
To request access to UNLV Analytics please complete the Access Request Form (ACE account is required) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name, title and department
- Your email address and phone
- The name and email address of your supervising dean or director
- An explanation of how you intend to use UNLV Analytics
After we receive your information:
- The Office of Decision Support will initiate the security approval process with an explanatory email.
- The Office of Decision Support will route an access request form to you, your supervising dean/director, and then to the operational data steward(s) for approval.
- If you request access to develop and publish your own reports and dashboards, after approval you will participate in a mandatory training session.
If you are denied access at any point in the process, the reason for the denial must be provided as well as an opportunity for you to resolve the issue with the appropriate data steward.